Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Friday, August 20, 2010

Moving day in Paris

The places I've stayed in Paris have had either narrow winding staircases


or miniscule elevators


I always wondered what people did if and when they moved. Here is the answer. Suddenly the summer months have sprouted contraptions like these for moving household goods out through the windows.




The apartment where I am currently staying has no access to the street. Now I understand why most of the furniture is IKEA-style, requiring assembly. Fortunately, all I have to move is one carry-on suitcase carrying my clothes, a small back pack with my computer, and a sack full of books. I can be packed and out of here in less than an hour. No window lift required.

No comments:

Post a Comment