Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bricolage

"Bricolage" refers to home projects or "do it yourself". Patrice is great at this. We've been preparing for my permanent move by rearranging closets and creating more space for my stuff. This week we built shelves downstairs in the cellar. The walls are concrete, but that doesn't faze Patrice who has a tool for every task.



He's very adept at all sorts of tasks, but I held my breath as he tapped into live wires in the switch box while standing on top of a ladder. He seemed to know what he was doing, though, and the job was finished in a flash. We have a great partnership when it comes to household tasks; we share the work, the decisions, and the cost of our joint projects


(OK, maybe I didn't drill all the holes? ;-)



Oh, by the way, did I mention that we also share the cooking??

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh....domestic bliss at it's finest. Ain't love grand? :-)
    Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, a post I kind of glossed over at the time. Glad to go back and think about the joys of do-it-yourself!

    ReplyDelete